Jelena Golubović. 2021. “Beyond Agency as Good: Complicity and Displacement after the Siege of Sarajevo.” Journal of Refugee Studies. https://doi.org/10.1093/jrs/feab096 [Advance access online]
Jelena Golubović. 2020. “’To Me, You Are Not a Serb’: Ethnicity, Ambiguity, and Anxiety in Post-War Sarajevo.” Ethnicities 20 (3): 544-563. https://doi.org/10.1177/1468796819873141
- Best Article Award, International Studies Association section on Ethnicity, Nationalism, and Migration Studies, 2021
- Postgraduate Article Prize, British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies (BASEES), 2022
- Best Doctoral Paper Award, Association for the Study of Nationalities (Balkan section), 2019
Jelena Golubović. 2019. “’One Day I Will Tell This to My Daughter’: Serb Women, Silence, and the Politics of Victimhood in Sarajevo.” Anthropological Quarterly 92 (4): 1173-1199. http://doi.org/10.1353/anq.2019.0065
- Best Article Award, International Studies Association section on Ethnicity, Nationalism, and Migration Studies, 2020
- Article Prize, BASEES Women’s Forum, 2021
- Outstanding Published Article Award, American Sociological Association section on Altruism, Morality, and Social Solidarity, 2021
- Outstanding Published Article Award, American Sociological Association section on Peace, War, and Social Conflict, 2020 (Honourable mention)
- Postgraduate Article Prize, BASEES, 2021 (Honourable mention)
Parin Dossa & Jelena Golubović. 2019. “Reimagining Home in the Wake of Displacement.” Studies in Social Justice 13 (1): 171-186. [Open Access]
Jelena Golubović. 2017. “Belgrade’s First Post-Yugoslav Generation in the Contested Space of Europe: The Legacy of the 1990s.” Zeitgeschichte 1 (17): 33-48.
Jelena Golubović. 2015. “The Abnormalcy of Everyday Life: Belgrade Youth and the Legacy of the 1990s in the Context of European Union Expansion.” Contingent Horizons 2 (1): 69-88. [Open Access]
Jelena Golubović. 2011. “The Misrepresentation of Refugees: Effects on Protracted Refugee Situations.” Undercurrent Journal 8 (1): 68-75.
Policy, Popular Media & Encyclopedia
Jelena Golubović. 2022. “Thirty Years On: Gender Implications of a Potential Renewed Conflict in Bosnia.” Newlines Institute for Strategy and Policy. 4 April.
Jelena Golubović. 2021. “Research in Times of Revisionism.” Conflict(Ed): The Official Blog of the PWSC. 17 February.
Jelena Golubović. 2020. “Arms Trade, Pandemic Combine to Reveal the Human Costs of War in Yemen.” Ottawa Citizen. A6. Opinions Section. 4 May.
Parin Dossa & Jelena Golubović. 2018. “Community-Based Ethnography.” International Encyclopedia of Anthropology, edited by Hilary Callan, 1040-1046. John Wiley & Sons.