I am a SSHRC Banting Postdoctoral Fellow at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. My fieldwork-intensive research examines civil war, ethnic violence, and the politics of victimhood, with a regional focus on the former Yugoslavia. I am an interdisciplinary researcher with a PhD in anthropology, an MA in sociology, and a BA in international studies.
My research has been published or is forthcoming in American Ethnologist, Anthropological Quarterly, Journal of Refugee Studies, and Ethnicities, and has received awards from ISA, ASA, ASN, CHA, and BASEES. I am currently working on a book manuscript, titled Zones of Violence: Serb Women inside the Siege of Sarajevo. It is based on my dissertation, which was awarded a Dean’s Convocation Medal. In my free time, I play the cello.
Download my CV here: Golubovic CV August 2022
- I received the 2022 Article Prize from the Canadian Historical Association’s Committee on Migration, Ethnicity and Transnationalism (CCMET)
- I won the 2021 Best Article Award from the International Studies Association (ISA) section on Ethnicity, Nationalism, and Migration Studies (ENMISA)
- I received the 2022 Postgraduate Article Prize from the British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies (BASEES).
- I was recently invited to give a talk at Northeastern University’s Sociology & Anthropology Department.
- I received an Outstanding Graduating Student Award from The Canadian Anthropology Society.
- My doctoral dissertation was awarded a Dean’s Convocation Medal from Simon Fraser University.
- I received the 2021 Article Prize from the BASEES Women’s Forum.
- I received an honourable mention for the 2021 Postgraduate Prize from BASEES.
- I received the 2020 Best Article Award from the International Studies Association (ISA) section on Ethnicity, Nationalism, and Migration Studies (ENMISA).
- My collaborator Sina Fazelpour and I were named as 1 of 10 winners of the 2020 Global Affairs Canada / SSHRC International Policy Ideas Challenge.
- I received the Honourable Mention for the 2020 Outstanding Published Article Award from the American Sociological Association (ASA) section on Peace, War, and Social Conflict (PWSC)
- My op-ed on the COVID-19 pandemic, the arms trade, and the human costs of war was published in The Ottawa Citizen. The Yemeni newspaper Al-Khabar Al-Yemeni reported on my op-ed.
- My latest interview is up on the New Books Network. I am talking with political scientist Mila Dragojević about her new book, Amoral Communities: Collective Crimes in Time of War.