I am a SSHRC Banting Postdoctoral Fellow at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. My fieldwork-intensive research examines civil war, transitional justice, and the politics of victimhood, with a regional focus on the former Yugoslavia. I am an interdisciplinary researcher with a PhD in anthropology, an MA in sociology, and a BA in international studies.
My research has been published in Anthropological Quarterly, Journal of Refugee Studies, and Ethnicities, and has received awards from ISA, ASA, ASN, CHA, and BASEES. I am currently working on a book manuscript, titled Zones of Violence: Serb Women inside the Siege of Sarajevo. It is based on my dissertation, which was awarded a Dean’s Convocation Medal. In my free time, I play the cello.
Download my CV here: golubovic CV June 2022
- I received the 2022 Article Prize from the Canadian Historical Association’s Committee on Migration, Ethnicity and Transnationalism (CCMET)
- I won the 2021 Best Article Award from the International Studies Association (ISA) section on Ethnicity, Nationalism, and Migration Studies (ENMISA)
- I received the 2022 Postgraduate Article Prize from the British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies (BASEES).
- I was recently invited to give a talk at Northeastern University’s Sociology & Anthropology Department.
- I received an Outstanding Graduating Student Award from The Canadian Anthropology Society.
- My doctoral dissertation was awarded a Dean’s Convocation Medal from Simon Fraser University.
- I received the 2021 Article Prize from the BASEES Women’s Forum.
- I received an honourable mention for the 2021 Postgraduate Prize from BASEES.
- I received the 2020 Best Article Award from the International Studies Association (ISA) section on Ethnicity, Nationalism, and Migration Studies (ENMISA).
- My collaborator Sina Fazelpour and I were named as 1 of 10 winners of the 2020 Global Affairs Canada / SSHRC International Policy Ideas Challenge.
- I received the Honourable Mention for the 2020 Outstanding Published Article Award from the American Sociological Association (ASA) section on Peace, War, and Social Conflict (PWSC)
- My op-ed on the COVID-19 pandemic, the arms trade, and the human costs of war was published in The Ottawa Citizen. The Yemeni newspaper Al-Khabar Al-Yemeni reported on my op-ed.
- My latest interview is up on the New Books Network. I am talking with political scientist Mila Dragojević about her new book, Amoral Communities: Collective Crimes in Time of War.